Thursday, November 30, 2017

11/30/17

I figured I would add a picture this blog because it is better to see a picture of the cool things I do rather than read about them. This picture is after doing Garden day at a local elementary. The students at this school use the food that is grown from this garden to use in there cooking class. This is the first time that I had heard of a school doing things like this for the kids, because where I grew up they didn't have these type of programs. It was a great experience. I also got the chance to come back to this school a couple weeks later to participate in The Iron chef. This competition was awesome, because they asked local Chefs and volunteers to help the kids in a cooking competition. There was about ten groups of kids of 8, with a chef ,and volunteer. Most of the ingredients were from the garden, along with other supplies from the store. The secret ingredient was papaya, which was grown in the garden by the kids. My group ended up making turkey bacon tacos with a papaya salsa! It was great and the kids were amazing. I plan to do other things with this school in the future!  We also just started the beginning of the brain block which so far is super interesting, so I am excited for this one!
Total service hours: 46


No comments:

Post a Comment