Monday, October 30, 2017

10/30/17

The time is going by so fast in this program. It seemed like I had just moved here in July, but in reality I'm half way through this program. We only have three more blocks for this semester. I think that the Neoplasia block we are currently going through is very interesting. It has opened a different way of thinking when it comes to how cancer works. Before I started this program I assumed that all cancers are the same, but this is not fully true. I was a lot easier for me to study for this block, because I was very interested in what we were learning. My classmates and I get together and study almost every day, which makes it that much better.

New Orleans winters are awesome! The weather is perfect now compared to when it was a million degrees in the summer. I don't sweat walking from building to building. It is a huge change compared to what I am used to. I am from New Mexico, where right around this time we are getting snow. I'm keeping very busy outside of the classroom. I am still playing volleyball and basketball for intermural. We are 3-2 in volleyball, and 1-3 in basket ball. I also decided I needed to be apart of a rougher sport with more contact, because that's what I have been doing my whole life playing football. Since I am out of eligibility in football, I tried out for rugby. It is a lot of running, and for a big guy that is 350 pounds make is difficult. I still enjoy it very much, and it keeps me in shape.

For my service hours I still am doing the same things. We are still volunteering at KIPP middle school. A few of us in class will be doing other things like children's hospital, or the Homeless shelter. I am excited to see what other things I could do in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment