Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Half WAYYYY!

It used to be that there was not that many people, including myself that would have ever thought I would have made it this far. I had coaches, teachers, and even family members who didn't believe I would graduate high school, much less be half way through a masters at one of the top schools in the country. I feel blessed to be here to have this opportunity. It makes it that much better to share this experience with good classmates and professors. I know I have a lot to go in my journey, but I feel I am at least on the right path being here. I have had some great experiences volunteering with different organizations to help the city of New Orleans.
I have started volunteering with the Salvation Army serving food to some of the people who live there, and who come in. It has been a good experience because of the people who I have meet there and the good food I am able to eat after I help. I also have been doing a lot of assignments with Tree Nola, which is an organization that plants native trees throughout the city. I have truly enjoyed this because with all the global changes that are happening now in the world, this will be my part to help for my future children to have a better environment. I was also able to help sell 50/50 raffles at the Saints playoff game vs the Carolina Panthers, which was really fun. I enjoyed yelling at people to come buy tickets and joking around with the fans. The best part about doing this was that half of the earnings would go to help kids get to school. I plan to become apart of newer organizations to help out in the future. Monthly service hours:16

No comments:

Post a Comment